Tell LAUSD to Raise Graduation Standards to Support #CollegeAccess
Our high school diplomas should mean something! We DEMAND the Los Angeles Unified School District (LAUSD) align high school graduation standards with college entry (A-G) requirements.
Right now only 27% of LAUSD grads are going straight to a 4-year university after high school. Why? Currently, high school students are allowed to fulfill class requirements with a D grade. However, the D grade policy leaves high school graduates unprepared and ineligible to apply to 4-year universities like CSULA, UCLA and USC. With the gap in college preparation in high school, students are left playing catch up in college -- or not attending at all. We deserve more than being placed in remedial math and English level courses. We are tired of investing time and money in classes we should have mastered in high school!
Sign our petition to demand LAUSD raise graduation standards and commit to:
- Fully align graduation requirements with A-G for the class of 2025 and above
- Provide SAT/ACT Prep elective classes
- Implement peer college counseling models
- Train all school staff in cultural competency
- Provide all communities with annual college and career fairs for students/parents