Tell LAUSD to Raise Graduation Standards to Support College Access
We DEMAND the Los Angeles Unified School District (LAUSD) align high school graduating requirements with college entry requirements (A-G Requirements).
Right now only 27% of LAUSD grads are going straight to a 4-year university after high school. Why? Currently, high school students are allowed to fulfill class requirements with a D grade. However, the D grade policy leaves high school graduates unprepared and ineligible to apply to 4-year universities like CSULA, UCLA, and USC. With the gap in college preparation in high school, students are left playing catchup in college or not attending at all.
Our High School Diplomas should mean something
We deserve more than being placed in remedial math and English levels. We’re tired of investing time and money in classes we should have mastered in high school!
Sign this petition to demand the LAUSD raise graduation standards, support and commit to:
- Fully align graduation requirements with A-G for the class of 2025 and above
- Provide SAT/ACT Prep elective classes
- Implement peer college counseling models
- Cultural Competency training for all school staff
- Provide all communities with annual college and career fairs for students and parents
- Grade training to support new grade requirement
- Updated college admissions training for school staff
- Undergrad Volunteer TA program
due by the 2021-2022 school year. If we don't fight for the resources students deserve, who will?